If it loads and shoots with Black Powder ~ muzzle or cartridge ~ y'all come to the right place!

** BPGang Forum Rules **

For smartphone and tablet users, a BPGang mobile theme is available!

*** Black Powder Availability ***

Author Topic: Shooting them with a pistol now!  (Read 78 times)

Online dhaverstick

• BPG Member
  • High-tech hillbilly
Shooting them with a pistol now!
« on: June 03, 2022, 01:17:23 PM »
I certainly don't mind the abundance of squirrels around my house but it gets under my skin a little when they don't even run off when I step outside. It's like they're questioning my hunting skills or just think I won't mess with them. Well, I decided to put a little fun into the situation and broke out my 62 caliber smoothbore pistol. I loaded it up with 45 grains of 3F powder and 3/4 oz. of #6 shot.

My house butts right up against the woods and there are several mulberry trees not too far from the porch. They are filled with targets this time of year and when one of them just wouldn't leave, I put a bead on his head and pulled the trigger. One more young-n-tender to add to the freezer!

Darren

Offline lone hunter

• BPG Member
Re: Shooting them with a pistol now!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2022, 08:04:07 AM »
Now that looks like fun. Good looking pistol.

Offline goingoldskool

• BPG Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2022, 04:10:47 PM »
Good grief,  Darren....  you'll go after squirrels with about anything!  Kinda surprised that they stay around your house with you  knocking them down like you do!

Nice shooting as always!
Rodd

Online dhaverstick

• BPG Member
  • High-tech hillbilly
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 09:28:08 AM »
Good grief,  Darren....  you'll go after squirrels with about anything!  Kinda surprised that they stay around your house with you  knocking them down like you do!

Nice shooting as always!
Rodd

Rodd, I keep thinking that they will take the hint but just about every time I step out on the porch, there are 2 or 3 within range of some weapon that I have. About the only thing I haven't tried is an atlatl and a slingshot! I'm more selective with my victims now. Anything with a big, hairy bag gets a pass but those young-n-tenders (and stupid) are fair game.

Darren

Offline vtmtnman

• Mountain member
  • BPG Member
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2022, 04:56:21 PM »
Nice shooting!