If it loads and shoots with Black Powder ~ muzzle or cartridge ~ y'all come to the right place!

** BPGang Forum Rules **

For smartphone and tablet users, a BPGang mobile theme is available!

Author Topic: Swivel barrel double rebuild.  (Read 92 times)

Offline okawbow

• BPG Member
Swivel barrel double rebuild.
« on: February 28, 2021, 02:10:07 PM »
I got a Numrich Arms .45 caliber swivel barrel double rifle barrels and stock as part of a trade, a week ago. It came with an L&R back action lock and a stock blank. The old lock was missing and the owner said it never worked right, any way.

I decided to use the original stock, and cut out the old lock inlet and replace the wood on that side with matching walnut. I had to cut the front of the lock plate to fit, but the inlet was fairly straight forward. I needed to file the trigger bar a little to get the lock to function correctly. The hammer matched up very well, without having to bend it. I polished the lockplate and hammer, and rust blued them, sanded and finished the wood with oil finish.

Should be a handy deer rifle with a fast second shot. It’s short, with 28” barrels and weighs just over 8#.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Online Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
Re: Swivel barrel double rebuild.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2021, 03:41:13 PM »
Whoa!  Very COOL!  :thumbs: :thumbs:
Trad Gang ~ Buffalo Rifles ~ TMA ~ NRA ~ NRA RSO ~ GOA ~ VCDL

Offline vtmtnman

• Mountain member
  • BPG Member
Re: Swivel barrel double rebuild.
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 03:47:25 AM »
Nice work.I love my swivel breech.That instant (In muzzle loader speed lol) second shot is always handy.