Black Powder Gang is all about the firearms, and their times and people,
that use "black powder" (known back in the day as "gun powder")
as the propellant for muzzleloading and cartridge guns of the 18th and 19th centuries.
Tapatalk has been added to BPGang for all mobile phone users!
About Traditional Muzzleloaders

19th Century Single Shot Cartridge Rifles

Loading Black Powder
Paper Patched Bullet Cartridges
Snapshots of the Past

The American Sharps Shooters

The Denny Ducet Muzzleloader
Video Library

Author Topic: 20ga (.62) Smoothbore - SOLD  (Read 44 times)

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
20ga (.62) Smoothbore - SOLD
« on: August 15, 2019, 12:43:57 PM »
This is the infamous Jackie Brown commission build that wound up getting made over by me.  NOW it's a really good gun that I no longer have a need for as my Kibler Colonial is all I shoot these days.  Maple stock, Colerain 42" barrel, L&R Trade lock, Chambers White Lightning touch hole liner, flat faced breech plug with central channel.  I used Nikal anti-seize on both the breech plug and vent liner.  I stained the stock with LMF Lancaster maple stain under many coats of Tru-Oil.  After staining the barrel channel and lock mortise, both had water thin CYA wicked in to both seal and strengthen the wood.  I honed the trigger for a light 3# pull.  The gun weighs 7lbs 2ozs.  The butt plate is thick, heavy leather and its LOP is 13-3/8",  I made the lace-on butt boot with heavy leather and inside is a Kick Killer Akton gel pad for excellent recoil management.  The gun has excellent pointability and is joy to carry in the woods.  I prefer to load .575" balls with thicker .015 to .018 pillow ticking and the .575 lee mould along with some balls is included.  Several ramrods and a like-new Unique thickly padded zippered nylon musket case is also included.

SOLD $550 shipped in the con. USA

Ships out in a custom wooden box, of course ...

She do shoot just fine ...

Online Jimbows

Re: 20ga (.62) Smoothbore
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2019, 04:08:37 PM »
Rob, I would like to buy this gun

Online doc nock

• BPG Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 04:58:22 PM »
Jim,

I know a lot of the "back story " on this gun and while at this juncture of life and location, I'm trying to divest, not invest, that was a horrendous temptation at that ridiculous price!  You'll be more then pleased with it!  Rob did a LOT of work to tweak that into a consistent shooter

Online Jimbows

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2019, 05:11:35 PM »
Thanks Doc, I did read some of the stuff Rob had posted on here about the gun. Iím sure she will be a shooter and canít wait to get it.

Online doc nock

• BPG Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2019, 05:17:14 PM »
Thanks Doc, I did read some of the stuff Rob had posted on here about the gun. Iím sure she will be a shooter and canít wait to get it.

Anything and everything rob sells is packed with goodies and a bonus deal that anyone would relish... I'm sad it's gone but I'm glad I'm sad! 8)

Online goingoldskool

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 06:18:35 PM »
Keep us posted on how it works out for you!!!   :thumbs:

Online Jimbows

Re: 20ga (.62) Smoothbore - SOLD
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2019, 07:20:49 PM »
I will Rodd, canít wait to get it.