Black Powder Gang is all about the firearms, and their times and people,
that use "black powder" (known back in the day as "gun powder")
as the propellant for muzzleloading and cartridge guns of the 18th and 19th centuries.
Tapatalk has been added to BPGang for all mobile phone users!
About Traditional Muzzleloaders

19th Century Single Shot Cartridge Rifles

Loading Black Powder
Paper Patched Bullet Cartridges
Snapshots of the Past

The American Sharps Shooters

The Denny Ducet Muzzleloader
Video Library

Author Topic: WTS Knives  (Read 495 times)

Online Monterey

WTS Knives
« on: February 13, 2019, 06:23:32 PM »
Here are three knives that are offered for sale.  Priced at $20 each which of course includes the sheaths.  Shipping will be calculated based on your location and will be the actual shipping cost.  No charge for packaging since I have plenty of stuff around to deal with that.  If all three are sold to the same shipping address, the cost will be $50 plus shipping.

All of these knives have "been there and done that".  They have staining on the blades which is from actual use on big game kills.

Here is the first knife.  This is a Russel Green River boning blade with cocobolo scales.  The scales are partially heartwood and partially sap wood.  The sap wood is not soft.  It holds right up with the heartwood.  The sheath is veg tanned leather.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Next up is a Russel Green River "sheath knife".  Also with cocobolo scales.  This knife has served very well when skinning animals of the deer and elk size.  I also carried this knife on the strap of my shooting bag and used as a patch knife when shooting in matches or doing woods walks.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

The last is a blade sold as the "South Platte".  I'm not sure who makes this blade but it was stocked by Track of The Wolf.  The scales on this knife are teak.  And, no, that is not a crack in the scales it is a natural part of the woods grain.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Thanks for looking.  :camp:
Mike Lee

Online Monterey

Re: WTS Knives
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2019, 10:19:01 AM »
Sold
Mike Lee

Online doc nock

• BPG Member
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 12:59:56 PM »
That was quick and the blades alone are pricey now laid in with shipping going up...

They were fine looking knives, Mike, I just had built those same TOTW RGR blades myself and now have more then I'll likely use since moving to this hunting wasteland...

glad they sold quickly... nice sheaths too!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 01:00:15 PM by doc nock »

Online Monterey

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 09:37:25 PM »
Thanks, Doc.

That Platte blade alone goes for $39 now.
Mike Lee

Online doc nock

• BPG Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 08:06:13 AM »
Mike,

Those are FINE looking knives and the purchaser shot me a note so they'll get a good home!

I was tempted, but realistically, having several of the GR from TOTW, it didn't pencil on paper and I'm glad he who got them got them! :)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 08:07:06 AM by doc nock »

Online Monterey

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2019, 10:20:12 AM »
Yeah I forum stalked the buyer to verify the transaction and they are going to a good home. :)
Mike Lee