Black Powder Gang is all about the firearms, and their times and people,
that use "black powder" (known back in the day as "gun powder")
as the propellant for muzzleloading and cartridge guns of the 18th and 19th centuries.
Tapatalk has been added to BPGang for all mobile phone users!
About Traditional Muzzleloaders

19th Century Single Shot Cartridge Rifles

Loading Black Powder
Paper Patched Bullet Cartridges
Snapshots of the Past

The American Sharps Shooters

The Denny Ducet Muzzleloader
Video Library

Author Topic: Jim Kibler Colonial Rifle Kit  (Read 4998 times)

Offline Supernaut

Re: Jim Kibler Colonial Rifle Kit
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2019, 03:13:03 PM »
Stunning!

Online Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2019, 06:24:05 AM »
range visit yesterday and the first firings of the kibler colonial. as expected, i had some sight alignment issues that required rear sight adjustments that were tested at 15 yards, then on to longer distances.

left face is offhand at 25 yards, right face is benched at 40 yards. distances set with a nikon range finder.

[ Invalid Attachment ]

on the left face, the two lower holes were with .010" patching, the other holes used .015". on the right face, the two left holes were .015" patching and the two right holes were .010" patching. the patch lube is heat saturated gato feo and the balls were .526" and cast with a jeff tanner brass mould. the .015" patching clearly grouped better. these are "loose ball loads" and i don't doubt the accuracy would increase two fold with a hammered in .020" pillow ticking wrapped .530" ball, but that ain't how i roll with a trad muzzleloader.

Offline Tony Van Dort

• BPG Member
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2019, 11:27:48 AM »
Lookin' good!!   :thumbs:

Online doc nock

• BPG Member
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2019, 03:24:35 PM »
I'm convinced, you pound it down with a tight patch and non removable flash hole liner like the White Lightening and you're in deep do!

I'd say that while you might not win matches with that grouping, I'd be surprised if it doesn't tighten with more firings and tweaking...

With the challenges of building a kit gun, then having such luck outa the chute, I'd say you done good, Hoss!

Online goingoldskool

« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2019, 10:15:35 PM »
I'm with doc on this..... a little tweaking and some time you two to get to know one another....   :thumbs: