About Traditional Muzzleloaders

Late 19th Century Rifles & Cartridges

Loading Black Powder
Paper Patched Bullet Cartridges
Snapshots of the Past

The American Sharps Shooters

The Denny Ducet Muzzleloader
Video Library

Author Topic: PA shoot 6-22-24  (Read 271 times)

Offline bldtrailer

PA shoot 6-22-24
« on: June 04, 2018, 11:16:46 AM »
Sheshequin Buckskinners
 is having there summer Rendezvous 3 day shoot with camping $20 for the week end  Marsh hill rt 14 pa north of Williamsport ,take 15 n to trout run( my town)then 14 n to marsh hill Pleasant Stream rd can't miss it with the bridge construction.   25 50 100yrd targets camping on site $10
open sights, patch round ball
address Sportsmans club lane marsh hill(trout run area)

Online doc nock

• BPG Member
Re: PA shoot 6-22-24
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2018, 08:46:41 PM »
I visited that grounds once or twice for the PLA archery shoot... When I lived in SE PA ...long drive but pretty country...

Bet that would be something for a BP shoot! Enjoy!

Offline Yewbender

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 05:55:11 PM »
Donít forget the woods walk too!

Iíll be there for my first time with the flinters! Not my first time at the club as itís our biggest shoot for the PLA as Doc stated.

Beautiful area and the club members are a great bounch of folks! Canít wait for next week to get here. Wish you were still in the area Doc....would enjoy shooting with you! Iíll try to remember to take some picís and let you know how it was.

Online doc nock

• BPG Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 09:04:34 PM »
Donít forget the woods walk too!

Iíll be there for my first time with the flinters! Not my first time at the club as itís our biggest shoot for the PLA as Doc stated.

Beautiful area and the club members are a great bounch of folks! Canít wait for next week to get here. Wish you were still in the area Doc....would enjoy shooting with you! Iíll try to remember to take some picís and let you know how it was.

Gonna hold you to that, Yew-bie! :):)  Gorgeous drive up that country... was a long time ago before the PLA shoot got so popular..mostly camps then were just around the perimeter...I heard it got far more crowded after they went o a 4 -day PLA shoot format...

Offline Yewbender

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2018, 06:40:53 PM »
So....I was at the shoot Thur-Sun and had a blast. The weather was ok,food was great and a fun time was had! Their were about 40ish shooter so not crowded at all. They also had a kick ball game and talk about funny...i laughted my but off watching it!

The Primitative camping area had 8 camps set up and all in period clothing. I got to say being all dressed up took me to another time for sure. Sorry i canít post picís....dang photo-scum-bucket.

Im looking forward to their winter rendevous in Feb....hopefully not toooo cold lol! And a big thanks to the members of the Sheshequin Buckskinners for a wounderful time  :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Online doc nock

• BPG Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2018, 08:58:43 PM »
Gary,

You can email me pics since you promised pics! :)

Yea, there has to be enough people who enjoy a particular thing to have it happen anywhere...like trout fly fishing... need a critical mass of people willing to get behind conservation to preserve a fishery, but then that critical mass seems to all show up when I want to fly fish! :):)

Here, not much population and there isn't much of that sort of thing...no archery festivals lest you drive 4.5 hrs to central TN on the KY border; No BP gigs...

At the PLA gathering in those early years, we had a blooming blast when it was just a 3 day event. When it went to 4, I couldn't quite justify the extra vacation to play hunting so saved time to do real hunting...

But the grounds and area was something else!  As I recall, FEB in PA and up that country can get a bit righteous!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2018, 08:59:39 PM by doc nock »

Offline Yewbender

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2018, 06:43:34 PM »
Doc, i didnít take alot but will send them to you! I was having so much fun i almost forgot to take picís and since no cell reception i kept leaving the phone at my tent. Iíll try better next time!

Online doc nock

• BPG Member
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 07:00:42 PM »
I got them...thanks for sharing... That field was a great camp site and I recall it fondly...lo it be many years ago since I was there, when it was just a 3 day PLA shoot.

I appreciate your sharing...