Black Powder Gang is all about the firearms, and their times and people,
that use "black powder" (known back in the day as "gun powder")
as the propellant for muzzleloading and cartridge guns of the 18th and 19th centuries.
Tapatalk has been added to BPGang for all mobile phone users!
About Traditional Muzzleloaders

19th Century Single Shot Cartridge Rifles

Loading Black Powder
Paper Patched Bullet Cartridges
Snapshots of the Past

The American Sharps Shooters

The Denny Ducet Muzzleloader
Video Library

Author Topic: T. Blissett Double Barrel Muzzleloader Shotgun  (Read 1029 times)

Offline tippit

T. Blissett Double Barrel Muzzleloader Shotgun
« on: October 18, 2017, 09:47:04 PM »
I just picked up a T. Blissett  double barrel shotgun...probably an 18 ga as 20 ga wades are to small and 16 ga wades too large except for the over shot cardboard.  Markings are Liverpool on top between barrels and T. Blissett on side lock plates.   It is in nice condition with the left hammer having been replaced...right hammer matches the engraving on the side lock. I do plan on using it as it takes me back to the 60's and vet school my senior year.  I spent some of that fall training an English setter on quail and shooting a black powder muzzleloader double.  Senior year was mostly clinic work so I wasn't playing hooky from class work...at least not too much!  Should be fun down in Aiken as I have a couple of places to quail hunt...tippit

Got this info from ALR...

"Blisett, Thomas  London and Liverpool

The Liverpool Blisetts are first recorded at 38 South Castle St. in 1834.  In 1835, the address changes but they remain on South Castle St, where they are listed until 1870.

In 1900, the firm was at No. 36 South Castle St, but there is mention that they had a London address at 10 Water Lane between 1863 and 1864.

It is doubtful that your gun is an early one, but it could fall anywhere between 1834 and 1870."

Offline Chrisk

Re: T. Blissett Double Barrel Muzzleloader Shotgun
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 08:10:53 PM »
Pretty cool

Offline BRONZ

Re: T. Blissett Double Barrel Muzzleloader Shotgun
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 08:15:52 PM »
Very nice!!
"He trains my hands for battle. My arms can bend a bow of bronze." 2 Samuel 22:35