About Traditional Muzzleloaders

Loading BPCR/BPTR Cartridges

The Denny Ducet Muzzleloader Video Library
Snapshots of the Past

BP Gang Pic of the Week

The American Sharps Shooters

Author Topic: Got a couple more!  (Read 604 times)

Offline dhaverstick

• High-tech hillbilly
Got a couple more!
« on: June 05, 2017, 08:27:16 AM »
Once our squirrel season opens I am like a kid in a candy store! It's still 2 1/2 months until bow season opens so hunting them gives me something to do besides mow grass and cuss. I got a late start yesterday and went to the woods not as prepared as I should have been. I got into a wad of them about 9:30 but I only had two loads with me so that's what I killed. I know where they are hanging out now so I will be laying for them next time. One of them I killed was an old boar that I will have to pressure cook for a month to tender him up. He'll still be some good eating, though. How those dudes get around dragging a package like that is a mystery to me!

Darren

Online doc nock

• BPG Member
Re: Got a couple more!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 08:38:14 AM »
Good going, Darren. 

That ole boy sired more'n his share of pups I imagine... Don't let no red squirrels move in... somehow those pesky li'l buggars drive off the grays...

We used to "par-boil" (partially cook tender) then cut up, bread in spiced flour and bake...

Did ground hog, rabbit, squirrel that way... Course, a pressure cooker make short work of it all...

Online goingoldskool

« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 10:36:34 PM »
Nice work!  Anytime that you can get out in the woods and not have to mow, is certainly a GOOD day!  The last mess that I cooked up, I put them into the smoker for a couple hours.....  turned out mighty fine!

God Bless,

Rodd

Offline vtmtnman

• Mountain member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2017, 08:51:32 AM »
Nice!

Thats crazy your season opens now!Ours is still 3 months off.I am chopping at the bit to getout in the squirrel woods.